About Me

My photo
As a cancer survivor, I try to take life one day at a time. I sell my creations on the web on the following sites www.linrae.etsy.com, www.linraevintage.etsy.com, www.linraesupply.etsy.com, bonanza.com/booths/linraeonline. I also list items on eBay.com/claire402. Thank you for stopping by to read my blog and I hope you will stop in again. All comments are welcome.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

I was sitting at my computer the other day and trying to think of something I might want to write.  Now I thought about a few ideas and kept eliminating them as boooooring.  Sometimes it helps me to make a list when I want to start a project.  This is how this particular blog started to take shape.  Now they are not in any particular order.  I typed as they came into my head over a period of several days.

I love, love, love:

My husband and family

My friends

The memories of my childhood
Pansies and Wild Roses

Old farm buildings

A sunny blue sky

A walk in the woods

The sound of a bubbling brook

A beautiful sunset

The quiet sound of nature

Birds singing

Watching hummingbirds drinking nectar from flowers

That my husband can fix just about anything.

                If it can’t be fixed it goes to the “Junkyard Mafia” to recycle the material.

Sitting around a campfire
Watching kids play when they don’t think anyone is watching

Bald eagles soaring in the sky

Floating in the backwaters of the Mississippi River

The smell of a freshly mowed field of hay

Listening to the rustle of a field of corn in the summer

Listening to the rain

A good book to read

Sharing with others the books I am finished reading

Watching the whitewater rafters floating down the Ocoee River in TN

Spell check on my computer
Remember when you were in school and you didn’t know how to spell a word?  Your teacher would say “Look it up in the dictionary”.  I remember it sometimes was a frustrating process.
The robins gathering together on the lawn in the  spring

Farmer’s Markets

To shop at small businesses

Browse through second hand shops

Warm homemade cookies fresh out of the oven

Warm cornbread with butter and syrup

Homemade soups

Sitting on my front porch with a cup of coffee watching everyone else going to work

Handmade items

The drive through the Blue Ridge Parkway

American History- especially National Parks

Tulips in the spring to brighten up a cool day

No stick cook wear

A slow cooker/Crockpot

The Colors Lavender and  Purple

All things natural

To “upcycle” slightly used items

Now put that dictionary down, you won’t find this in your dictionary.  It is the practice of taking newly found second hand items and making them over into something different - so you end up with an item that is “new to you”.

This pair of my handmade earrings on my website linrae.etsy.com



As you go through your day today, take time to think of the things that you love.  Then smile.  Everyone around you will wonder what you are up to and maybe just then they will smile also.  A smile is contagious.

Of course all comments are welcome so please take time to leave me yours.  I would love, love, love you to follow my blog.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. We went to Prairie today, just to get out for a while. I love the drives through the hills of Northeast Iowa. You can almost see 'China' from their tops......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy driving through NE IA and SE MN. WI is nice along the Mississippi River. Nice to get away sometimes.

    ReplyDelete