About Me

My photo
As a cancer survivor, I try to take life one day at a time. I sell my creations on the web on the following sites www.linrae.etsy.com, www.linraevintage.etsy.com, www.linraesupply.etsy.com, bonanza.com/booths/linraeonline. I also list items on eBay.com/claire402. Thank you for stopping by to read my blog and I hope you will stop in again. All comments are welcome.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Have you ever had that happen to you?

It sure seems like Saturday today.  I don’t know why but if I didn’t have my laptop to tell me the day and date I’d swear I would be one day off.  Have to keep telling myself it is Friday.  Have you ever had that happen to you? 
I had a weird dream last night.  I dreamt that we were at a car dealership looking at used cars to buy.  My husband was determined to get this Mustang convertible.  He has always liked Mustangs.  Actually had one years ago.   I kept saying, “It isn’t practical.”  “How often will we actually drive around with the top down?”  “It isn’t safe if we would have an accident.”  I guess the accident part comes from an accident that we heard about here in Chattanooga last summer.  Four people (one of which was a miner, the only one wearing a seatbelt) were riding in a convertible and rolled the vehicle.  Everyone was killed.  It was such a sad story that I guess it stayed with me.  Have you had a weird dream?  Something really off-the-wall as some people would say.  Have you ever had that happened to you? 
This one has happened to me more times than I would like to admit.  You get home from grocery shopping and are unpacking the groceries.  You notice that you picked up a few things that were not on your list.  Then you notice that you forgot the one item you really needed.  The worst part is that item was on your list.  Have you ever had that happened to you?
You are sitting in your house having a relaxing cup of coffee and you notice that the house is pretty messy.  You know you should get busy but you just can’t seem to get started.  Then you hear a knock on the door.  Someone decided to stop by and visit.  You think, “Sure, the house looked nice all week and no one stops by until this morning.”  Today the house is a mess and sure enough a visitor.  Then you hope it is a friend because a friend stops by to see you not your house.  Have you ever had that happen to you?
You go to another room to get something only to discover after you get there that you forgot what you were suppose to get.  Has that ever happened to you?
You get in your car to go somewhere only to find out after a few miles down the road that you forgot your cell phone.  Panic sets in.  “Oh my goodness!  I don’t have my cell phone.”  You think you should go back and get that cell phone.  Then you remember that not too long ago you went everywhere without a phone because you only had a landline at the house.  Has that ever happened to you?   Now I only have a cell phone and do not have a landline.  How times have changed.
Please click on comments below and post some things that have happened to you.
Have a great day, LinRae


2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I found your blog through your Twitter account...and this article I read just made me smile (and laugh) ... almost all of those things have happened to me! The one that resonates the most is having the house clean when no one stops by and cluttered whenever someone does!! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today. I noted that you're a grandma as well, and a cancer survivor....Same here! Hope you have a great day .. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Congrats for being a cancer survivor. Grandchildren are a real joy.

      Delete