About Me

My photo
As a cancer survivor, I try to take life one day at a time. I sell my creations on the web on the following sites www.linrae.etsy.com, www.linraevintage.etsy.com, www.linraesupply.etsy.com, bonanza.com/booths/linraeonline. I also list items on eBay.com/claire402. Thank you for stopping by to read my blog and I hope you will stop in again. All comments are welcome.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

ENJOYING OUR WINTER RETREAT


Enjoying Ourselves at Our Winter Retreat

We really enjoy it here in Tierra Del Sol RV Resort,our winter retreat.  Everyone is friendly and willing to help in any way they can when someone is working on a project.
My husband put down patio blocks to expand the size of the patio that was on the lot when we purchased it earlier this year.  I feel bad that I am unable to help but I just can’t do that kind of thing anymore.  He wants to enlarge it to make it easier for me to get on my bike and ride around the resort for exercise.  The rest of the lot is covered with pebbles so have to push the bike through them to get to the street.  One neighbor lent him a rubber mallet to tap them down.  Another neighbor lent him his flat shovel and knee pads (boy what a knee saver).  Another neighbor came by and brought a trowel to make it easier to level the ground so the patio tile will lay level.  We have been here for only about a week and a half and have experienced nothing but generosity and the friendliest people.  They know what it was like when they first moved here.  We don’t have a storage shed yet so we’re limited as to the amount of tools etc. that we could bring with us from home.  After all the block had been put down I swept sand into the spaces between them.  I had the easiest job of all.
There are so many activities that a person can be as busy as you want to be or just relax on your patio and do absolutely nothing.  We went to the weekly coffee social hour the first week we were here and everyone came over to introduce themselves.  Now to remember everyone's name.  They only have two names to remember and we have so many more to remember.  They said "don't worry about names give it time.  Everyone wears name badges at the clubhouse so that helps remember names.   The same thing at the pot luck that is held the first Sunday each month.

A neighbor has a really neat golf cart.  It is bright red and I mean a real true red.  It is really nice.  Janice, what do you think?  Can you see yourself driving around in one like this in your community?





The pool has been drained, cleaned and refilled.  Now if the weather would just warm up just a little so I could try out that pool.  There is a group that goes to the pool for exercise at 7:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, but I just can't talk myself into that just yet since the a.m. temps have been in the 30s and lower 40s.  It may be heated but I am a fair weather fisherman, golfer and swimmer.  There is always better weather days ahead for outdoor activities such as these.

Enjoying ourselves immensely and having a good time this winter. The wind is getting stronger this evening and looks like a cool night.  Now we wait for the weather to improve.  At least the sun has shone just about every day so far this month.

As always comments are welcome and followers appreciated.

Until next time.......




4 comments:

  1. Ron and I were talking about how most always the sun shines there even if it is a bit cool in the mornings

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. The air can be chilly but the sun is warm. Breezy this evening so hope it dies down tomorrow. The same for you guys. Blowing snow is no fun. I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet, I'd drive one of those around in a heart beat. Here in Mazatlan we have ones that are built out of VW chasis and they are unique to Mazatlan. They are called Pulmonias. As a matter of fact, I will most likely be buying one in the next year or so, once we sell our van back up north. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you as soon as I seen it in the club house parking lot.

    ReplyDelete