About Me

My photo
As a cancer survivor, I try to take life one day at a time. I sell my creations on the web on the following sites www.linrae.etsy.com, www.linraevintage.etsy.com, www.linraesupply.etsy.com, bonanza.com/booths/linraeonline. I also list items on eBay.com/claire402. Thank you for stopping by to read my blog and I hope you will stop in again. All comments are welcome.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Autumn Is Here

The today started out with heavy fog.  How depressing.  The fog started to lift in the middle of the morning and looked like maybe there was hope for a good day.  Then the fog set in again and stayed that way until well into the noon hour.  You see this weekend is prime time for “leaf lookers” here in eastern Tennessee.  The higher elevations are far beyond that but here at the lower elevations the leaves are just beautiful.  The rust and deep golden colors have been spreading over the forested areas all around us.  The fog finally lifted and stayed away for the rest of the day.  It turned out to be a beautiful sunny day with plenty of sunshine and calm wind.
I found a poem book at Habitat For Humanity yesterday.  I love poems so definitely thought it was worth the $.50 price tag.  Love second hand stores.  You never know what you will find as you search through the items that other people do not want anymore and donate them.  I have picked out the following untitled poem to share with you.  I hope you enjoy it.  I can’t take credit though I sure would like to be able to write poems.

UNTITLED Poem by Jonathan Kivett

Autumn is here
And the facetious Indian Summer
has crept away.
The terminal earth
cracks and groans
in the sharper air.

Winter hangs overhead
a kite
poised, ready to sweep
leaves to the ground and
gutters.

The cruel summer is dead-
vanquished like an athlete
fighting brittle wind.

The false warmth is gone,
replaced by an honest death.
The sky, grey with
mourning.
And I walk alone,
carrying dreams
wrapped in denim
against the cold.
By Jonathan Kivett

Autumn is a great time of year.  Hope it has been kind to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment